Sunday, June 3, 2012

Super Colon Blow

Saturday Night Live influenced my sarcastic side more than any other show in the late 70's and 80's. I couldn't start my 'full colon cleanout' today without thinking of the SNL parody of the 80's "Total" cereal commercial, where a guy is eating a bowl of his favorite breakfast cereal and is interupted by the announcer who asks: "How many bowls of your cereal do you think you'd have to eat in order to equal all the nutrition found in just one bowl of 'Total'?"  The guy would spit out a few answers, and then be shocked when the announcer said: "Five bowls!"  SNL's take on it was a great role for the late Phil Hartman: http://www.hulu.com/watch/10304/saturday-night-live-colon-blow

Complete cleanout wasn't nearly as bad as some folks warned it would be. I chalk up my success today to the 10 days of nothing but water and sugar-free Jello.

Tomorrow is surgery.

I arrive at the hospital at 5:30am (yike!) have about 2 1/2 hours of pre-op, then go into surgery. It should last between 2 1/2 to 3 hours, then I'll be in recovery for another 2 hrs. I'll be in my room by 2:00pm or so.

I'll spend the night in the hospital, then first thing Tuesday morning they bring me down to XRay for a 'leak test', to make sure all their work is still holding and I'm not leaking like a sieve. If all goes well I'll be discharged that evening after 6pm and home in my own bed Tuesday night.

Recovery is 4-6 weeks.

I can't wait till tomorrow morning! I'm super excited, although maybe a little nervous. I'm heading to bed and hope for good dreams of a thinner me!  :-)

See you on the other side!

--
BTW: Several of you have asked where the name of my blog came from. Well, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29QfOyuZ3Y



5 comments:

  1. did you eat 2.5 million bowls of the other or on of Super Colon Blow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on how I feel right now, I think I ate 3 of Super Colon Blow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying everything goes smoothly, Steve!

    Ashley Weiler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you!!!! ** prayers **

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you're back in your room by now and that everything went swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete